About this recipe:
Savor the irresistible goodness of Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde Tamales. These mouthwatering tamales infuse your feast with exquisite flavors. Crafted with our rich and savory Pork Chile Verde, they’re the perfect addition to any meal, from Sunday dinners to thrilling overtime moments. Prepare to delight in every bite.
- 4 – 5 cans Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde
- Corn husks soaked in hot water
For the tamale dough (makes 2.2 lbs. of tamale dough):
- 8.8 oz. lard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Step by step:
- Open and heat 4 – 5 cans of Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Once the meat is ready, place it in a large bowl and break it apart into small pieces. Add sauce. Reserve.
- In a large bowl mix the dough, lard, salt and baking powder. Knead well until it’s a smooth consistency with no lumps. Add ½ cup of green salsa from the meat and work it into the dough for added flavor.
- Place a spoonful of dough in the corn husk and spread to the desired thickness. Add desired amount of meat and green salsa.
- Fold the bottom of the corn husk up and then fold in the sides. Repeat until you make the desired number of tamales.
- Place tamales open side up in large steaming or soup pot with water. Heat on medium heat for about 1 hour. You can insert a toothpick in the center of the tamale and if it comes out dry then the tamales are ready.
*Created by Chef Mondragon.